Thursday, November 3, 2011

& We Enter the Mountains

Leaving Calgary was a sad thing. We loved hanging out with the Lathrop's. It was just so fun & felt so right!
The boys gave Sophia quick hugs before she had to run off to school



We packed up the car & headed straight WEST!!! (you know it's the right way when you see these...)
GORGEOUS No???


The boys got Twinkle settled & cuddled in between them,
 And I finally took a turn at driving!

 We've forgotten to take photo's of the km we've gone, so here is where we are at as of the outskirts of Calgary. Crazy eh!
 If you don't know, there is a pretty famous rock outside of Calgary called "Big Rock", so we stopped & took our photo & did some climbing.



Once we got closer to the mountains we started seeing the beautiful colours of fall.


 I have to admit that at first I thought all these yellow tree's were dead, but I was wrong (yes Chris, I admitted it, & yes I will even admit that you were right ~ Chris said that he was pretty sure these were the only needle tree's that actually lost their needles). Anyways, it was super pretty!
We stopped in the CrowsNest Pass & showed the boys Frank Slide. I think they really enjoyed it, they thought the story was really sad, but they learnt a bit, so that was nice. (you can read Callym's post here about Frank).
I had a feeling of my Dad being near all thru the CrowsNest. Here's a photo of a place he knew well (& where people knew him well too!)

We also stopped & took a family photo with the Biggest Truck, (can you see us? compared to the truck we are pretty tiny0
& Callym took our photo of the Phone booth we used to call our folks nearly 9 years ago to the date, when we got engaged at Frank Slide....

Once we got to Fernie we were starving! Here is a cute note we saw up on the wall! I laughed when I saw how much they charged for moving a table!
 I really have missed the mountains. There is something about the sides of the highway covered in rock that make it feel special driving.





No comments: