Saturday, November 12, 2011

Playing catch up Part 2

Yikes, so there is more to catch up on!
Today is already Saturday, so let's recap what we all did the last few days.....

Thursday.
We woke up in Chemanius eagerly excited to see LadySmith. We got ready & took advantage of the free breakfast & fitness room. We drove the 10 beautiful minutes to LadySmith & sighed........ How gorgeous! (Can I keep saying this? Will you keep believing me?)
We were told that LadySmith was quite hilly ~ & boy were they right. If you've ever been to Nelson I will tell you that it's exactly the same feeling! This really reminded me of the European towns that I always thought were so pretty & quaint ~ the town's literally sprinkled up & down the mountain side, can you imagine it at Christmas with all the lights? We parked (making sure the E~brake was on), & headed to get a coffee. We found an amazing bakery with a lineup out the door. The boys grabbed a peanut butter cinnamon bun & we sat & just took it all in.
Across the street was a health store so after my coffee I ran over to apply (good thing I had some resumes with me). We walked & talked for a long while. The lady at the info centre was a great resource for us, filling our arms with newsletters & names of people who could help. We drove thru town looking for rentals & I even stopped by the school to get some forms started for the boys. (how long is too long for them to be outta school? We were thinking between 2-4 weeks was max, but I dunno......)
Anyways. We headed down to the famous "transfer beach" (they say it's the warmest waters north of San Fransisco) to look for shells & seal's & whales & more. It was so nice to be so close to the Ocean. 
We saw some HUGe leaves & a crazy mushroom the size of my head.



We heard a rumour that LadySmith had a brand new soccer field with real turf, so we had to go and check it out!
it was so cool to run off some steam! I'm really looking forward to seeing Callym kick some butt on this field soon (soccer season here is from now till April)
By this time it was getting dark, so we headed back to the hotel. We were hoping to get into a cabin nearby for the remainder of the month, both for cost & just to feel a bit more settled. It's in a central location so we can still explore & find the place that will be ours. We will move in tomorrow, a cute place right on the Ocean ~ perfect for beach~combing!
Here's a cool photo of us overlooking the Ocean. Can you just imagine seeing this everyday?

No comments: