Saturday, November 3, 2007

Nosara, Costa Rica

Well we are here. We are in Nosara. It may seem a little early, but I think I love it here. It may be that Samara was just not for us, or it may be the fact that we are in the most beautiful and relaxing hotel ever. But anyways, we love it.

OK, let me start at the begining. We woke up today very excited for a new place. The boys were looking forward to seeing some turtles, and Chris and I were earger for a change. I was a little nervous for the drive (seeing that the road was closed last week due to rain, and had just recently re-opened), I just didn't want anyone to be sick or uncomfortable. After a nice breakfast, we finished packing and waited for our driver. 10 am they came and picked us up in a nice big tour van. Plenty of room for our things. I was getting pretty anxious by now, so my sweet sweet husband too over with the boys and let me stare out the window and take deep breaths. I wish I could tell you more about the wonderful scenery, but I was really just concentrating on breathing. Only 55 minutes into the trip and............................ we were here! I couldn't believe how well the boys were for the drive. Not once did I hear, 'my tummy hurts' or ' I don't feel well". Maybe our luck is changing!

So into Nosara. We came straight to ourhotel and it was complete and utter BLISS. It seemed as though everyone who worked here came and introduced themselves and hoped we had a nice stay. We recieved welcome drinks, given a free WiFi code, shown around the amazing grounds (Pool, Beach, Restaurant, Healing Centre, Bar, Games Room, etc). We were brought to not only our room, but a little bungalow seperated from most of the rooms. A nice touch when you have 2 active boys. This room was amazing, by far the nicest, and most calming room I have EVER been too. We unpacked a little, and headed off to the pool. When it started raining we took the short 4 minute walk to the beach. At the reception we were told to shuffle our feet when going into the Ocean because they are blessed here to have many sting rays! So exciting. After a nice lunch we just hung out as a family. Did some catching up with the emails, and the boys had a really fun bubble bath in the huge tiled tub. After a little more relaxing, we decided to head into 'town' to grab some fun munchies for the ESKIMO game! (we really wanted to be here last night for the Bombers game, but it didn't work out).

Walking into 'town' was such a pleasant experience. Again, there are no sidewalks here, it's all dirt roads with just enough room to squish into the tree's when cars go by. The cars always slow down when passing people, and especially when there are pot holes as big as a 4X4 Dogde filled with recent rain water. Our 10 minute walk was filled with the passing of 1 and 2 story beach homes just minutes from the beach, quaint hotels that cater to yoga and surfers. Small little internet shops, movie rentals, book exchange, real estate signs, surf rentals, holistic healers and all spread out in a beautfiul setting. Nothing here was crowded, everyone had their own space, with lush trees and wild exotic flowers. People walked by and said Hola or Hello to everyone they saw. The feeling here was of calm and peace. The people seemed to have a strong energy of laid-backness that just went out to everyone and everything. At the supermarket we picked up some pop, beer, chips and juice, and on the way back Chris and I make the quick decision that 3 or 4 days, even 7 days would probably not be enough to enjoy this piece of paradise. We had passed by many little homes and rooms for rent, so we will have to look into this. We would also like to check out more real estate listings. Very nice.

We came back only to realise that the Eskimo game had already started, and was not televised on the internet. Sad, but I listened for a while until we needed to have some dinner. I'm not sure what Chris had, but my green coconut curry fish was so so so so so good, I can't explain it! They don't serve pop here, but the fresh fruit drinks are very fresh, and the water here is filtered and very safe to drink. The people working here are so calm that you can't help but feel calmer yourself. Something that I think I definatly need. I just hope it rubs off on the boys a little. (Wishful thinking???)

Anyways, now it's time for bed. The boys have been read 4 books, and are now cuddled in together. We're all happy, and mostly healthy! And it's good to be in a place that makes you feel so good. I have a great feeling about this place, if not to live in for a bit, at least to stay for a while.


Until then....

No comments: