Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Winnipeg Home Buying

It turns out the bidding wars in Winnipeg are not as sinister as I thought. Today I met witha fresh from school Realtor. 21 and six months in, but over 15 (or 50 but I guess it is probably 15, seeing as how I can't hear properly) home sales and he passed the course in 3 months. Good country boy from around Brandon. But he was very helpful. I did feel a little guilty after. He spent an hour and a bit with us and then asked if we could see us working together, adn I hit him with the I still need a job. The look he gave was priceless, but he soldiered on and helped us set up the property searches that will inevitably find their way into my Inbox. That was great of him and you know it impressed me that he wanted to keep going. I am glad that he did cause he straightened out the bidding wars. Turns out that when they post a ne whome and then have a showing 5 days later only for 5 days and then take offers... breathe... they actually post a lower than market value price in the hopes of bringing in more buyers and then getting more than market value in a bidding war. How nice of them... kind of. it still sucks, but at least it is not a bidding war above and beyond an already ridiculous price. It is still not perfect, but I am now in Winnipeg and that is how real estate home purchases are done here.

No comments: